Tuesday, June 18, 2013

What Brings us Here Today?

I am Julie Burd, born and raised on the absolute west side of New Jersey, therefore a member of the Episcopal Diocese of Pennsylvania and a member of Trinity Church Solebury. I attended Fordham University and graduated a month ago with a Bachelors of Science in Biology and minors in French and theology. I am hoping to begin medical school in the fall of 2014.

For the next year I will be serving in the Diocese of Haiti as a member of the Young Adult Service Corps of the Episcopal Church. I will be living and working with the nursing students at the Episcopal University Hospital in Léogâne, which is about an hour and a half west of Port au Prince. I will be teaching English to the nursing students and working in some administrative/organizational capacity in the hospital.



No comments:

Post a Comment